Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Dark Knight Returns




I am a huge Batfanatic! I grew up in the sixties glued to the television, sitting in my little rocking chair and wearing my Batman cape, watching Batman. Soon I started collecting the comics. In the seventies I watched Superfriends on Saturday Morning and the various Batman cartoons that were made by Filmation. Even as I grew older and got married, I couldn't shake it. My wife could not understand my glee in 1989 when Tim Burton's Batman movie came out or when I was mad as hell over the stinkfest Batman & Robin movie that came out with George Clooney. All hope was dashed for any other Batman movies after Joel Schumaker made a mockery of the legend. But when Batman Begins came out, I was blown away and became a kid again. If there is one thing I look forward to in 2008, it's the new Batman movie. Plus, it has my favorite Batman villian The Joker. If these posters that leaked out are real, then they are pretty damned cool. I love The Joker poster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.