Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Uncle John


Last Tuesday my mom called and said that my Uncle John had died, he was 66. I hadn't seen my Uncle John for years and it seemed like I was grasping to remember something about him after she called. I could still picture his Ford Fairlane which was his pride & joy. Yesterday was the funeral and it seemed that as I sat there my mind was flooded with memories, the one that stuck out the most was back in 1974 when he had his long shaggy beard and I told him that he looked a lot like one of The Beach Boys and would fit right in on stage with them, he laughed and thought that was pretty cool. He was a hard working man who loved his family, his church and his favorite team the Chicago Cubs. As time wore on he developed some health issues including alzhiemers. I perfer to rememeber him how he was. God Bless you Uncle John, we'll miss you.

No comments: