Monday, February 08, 2010

Me and the devil Blues

Man, as of late I've been fighting off depression. The weather has a lot to do with one feeling blue, especially during Winter, but also every bill that we have, jumped up in cost. Our house payment, utilities, credit cards, sanitation, cable bill and health insurance, just to name a few, all went up in payment!! Now the bad thing is, our place of employment still has a salary freeze in effect. So while we are still being paid by 2008 standards, everything else is going up. It seems like I'm being targeted even more since I was asked by our church to take classes in Deacon training. Now to me there is now higher honor than being called and serve God, if I'm chosen I will serve with gladness. But Satan has a way of hitting you, and he's hit me pretty hard. As we struggle to make ends meet, I question God and ask where He's at and why is He not helping.
I know that God is indeed there and His timing is not as ours. I do think of the blessings that God has bestowed upon us, but when things look bleak, I seem to have short term memory. The three verses that I'm standing on now are II Timothy 1:7, James 4:7 & I Peter 5:8

2 comments:

Michelle said...

That picture is true.. I wish I could see him standing behind you, so I can kick his butt back to HELL...You should print that and alway can see that and knowing it is Satan! not our Heavenly Father.
I want to share this with you, I just read this from Beth Moore. "Wages war on insecurity". 2 Corinthians 3:4-5 "And such trust have we throught Christ to God-ward: Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God" tells us we have been made competent and that this competence doesn't come from ourselves but from God. If we could truly UNDERSTAND our value in Him. I like this part. I photo it and put on my desk. "My security is mine. You cannot have it. You might hurt my feelings, but you can't have my security. God gave it to me and no man or woman gets to take it away. God could whisper to your hear and says "Take heart, Joe, you are my beloved" That's Glorious One right there!!! Joe, I know your security is tied with your job and what you do. I know that is tough of financial crisis. I know and respect of you knowing you are trying to provide our homes. I want to let you know I LOVE YOU.

Anonymous said...

In searching for sites related to web hosting and specifically comparison hosting linux plan web, your site came up.